Bullets on updates since my last post:
- Diabetes in somewhat in control - I was doing very well in the Feb-April time frame, but has slipped a bit, but managing.
- I had a hysterectomy in March due to fibroids, so not life-threatening, but very much needed and relieved alot of issues I was having.
- Grandsons doing awesome - GS1 played t-ball this summer, such a good team player and has begun football practices with his first game this Saturday...so fun to watch, and will be starting kindergarden in September. GS2 has hit the terrible 2s - no worse than his big brother, but definitely a character and his own personality for sure!
- DS and DIL expecting their first baby in December. They have decided not to find out what they are having - but we have all decided it's a girl, and I am buying and making John Deere pink stuff......and lots of green too!
- DD is attending online college classes....a big deal with two boys and a part-time job....but she is dedicated. I went to school and graduated when my two were preschoolers too, so I know it can be done and she is doing very well.
- DH and DS are working for themselves this year - They have a landscaping and construction business - residential concrete work is keeping them very busy. They also are truck farming as they have for the last 20+ years.
- I have opted out of being a Texture Magic Rep. I just couldn't do the commitment needed with my full-time job I have. My job can be very demanding, and I like my time with the grandbabies and my sewing room.
- I have joined the Ohio Valley Quilters Guild in Cincinnati and have been attending those meetings. I have joined some quilt designer groups on Yahoo, and have some design ideas in the works (in my head and on paper only) and get wonderful info from these groups. It's amazing how quilters and crafters are willing to share and help others!
I have updated alot! I will now be very regular in posting and hoping to renew and expand friendships.